Amorphous solids: An amorphous or non-crystalline solid is a solid that
lacks the long-range order characteristic of a crystal. Most classes of solid
materials can be found or prepared in an amorphous form. Amorphous
materials are often prepared by rapidly cooling molten material, such as
glass. They lack the elasticity, distinct melting points, and other properties of
Amorphous solids have the following fundamentals properties :
1. In these solids particles are randomly arranged in three dimension.
2. They don’t have sharp melting points.
3. Amorphous solids are formed due to sudden cooling of liquid
4. Amorphous solids melt over a wide range of temperature.
5. Amorphous solids undergo irregular breakage.
6. Amorphous solids are isotropic.
Examples : Rubber,Coal,Coke,Glass, Plastic etc